It’s easy to say that blogging can bring you many things. You can scroll through Instagrams of those who’ve ‘made it’, and see their purchases, expensive hotel stays and oceans of wealth. But one such thing which may not be so obvious is the incredible community that blogging brings.
One such celebration of this is the Liebster award, of which I was nominated by littleworldlovable.com (check out the link to her page and the other nominees, and thank you so much), where you’re given a set of questions and asked to ‘pay it forward’.
Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
Answer the questions given by the nominator
Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) and link them
Notify all the bloggers you nominated
Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
1. Why do you blog?
Because at first it felt as though it was an outlet where I was talking to this void, but then something shifted and now the void talks back. I blog because it feels natural, and helps me remember all the bits I forget through my travels. I started to blog because I left to visit Western Australia for three months, then another four, and I had very little access to communication with family and friends back home. By starting to write everything down, it not only let me blow off some steam, reflect on some things I could have changed, and cement the bits I always wanted to remember, but it let me feel as though they were there too. Then it became addictive and now I can’t stop even if I wanted to!
2. Where did you grow up?
I was born in England and moved to Australia when I was ten, so I’ve had a bit of a two-countries-childhood. I generally say I grew up in England, however most of my favourite memories come from my time in Australia, and it feels like it’s always been my home.
3. What is your favourite book?
Ah these are tricky. I don’t like to pick a favourite (it’s like picking between children isn’t it?), but I’m a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, ‘The Five People You Meet in Heaven’, ‘Revolution’, and anything where there’s a storyline involving someone escaping the status quo and travelling for eternity.
4. What is one of your best travel memories?
Heading to Karijini National Park and feeling immensely free. We had no access to anything we thought we needed and I remember just laughing and laughing as we scrambled between rocks, hiked through valleys and swam in waterfalls.
5. What is your favourite blog?
I really like ‘Scarphelia’ because of her unique writing style, but I honestly follow so many blogs and each one brings something brilliant. Mister Weekender is definitely up there- she’s fab!
6. What is one of your New Years Resolutions/goals?
To get better at other languages, and to be more open minded. To follow my gut more.
7. What is your favourite animal?
Orcas. They’re so bloody majestic, and incredibly intelligent.
8. Where do you most want to travel?
India. It looks so raw and vibrant.
9. What is something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t yet had the chance?
To dive with Great White Sharks, though I’m hoping to tick this off the bucket list pretty soon!
10. How many siblings do you have/are you the youngest or oldest or middle child?
I’m the eldest. I have one little sister, and when I say ‘little’ I mean ’19’, though I don’t think you ever get used to the idea of your siblings getting older.
11. If you could go back in time 10 years, what would you say to your younger self?
That you’re okay. That it’s okay to not be perfect, to not look perfect, and to not feel perfect all the time. That it’s okay to be sad, or stressed, but that it’s better to be happy if you can. That you’re more than a score, and that your life in Australia is going to be pretty swell.
1. If you could take any 3 people travelling with you, who would they be?
2. What made you start a travel blog, and what inspires you to continue?
3. What is your favourite word, in any language and why?
4. What absolutely tops your bucket list of things you want to do one day?
5. What bloggers inspire you?
6. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be standing?
7. What’s a fact the internet world might not know about you?
8. What song always gets you in the mood to travel?
9. Are you a planner of holidays for months before you leave, or do you live spontaneously when you get there?
10. Where do you call home?
11. Do you work and travel blog?
Best of luck, can’t wait to read your answers!